Absolute Fighting Alliance has rolled out their card for December 17 at Stage Ae Pittsburgh North Shore featuring a number of local fighters making their Burgh-side debut. This card includes local professionals Joey Holt, Mike Wilkins, Jason Cardillo and amateur fighters Rick Borowski and Ryan Quail.
The card is coming together nicely thus far and hopefully will top off with a few more locals before all is said and done.
- Kelli Gottardo Vs. Joey "The Jack Hammer" Holt
- Donte Adams Vs. Mike Wilkins
- Darryl Madison Vs. Jason Cardillo
- Shedrick Goodridge Vs. William "BLACKHAWK" Bennett
- William Hill Vs. Braden Bice
- Chris Dempsey Vs. Justin Woods
- Jeremiah Lowe Vs. Ryan Quaill
- Ethan Schorey Vs. Rick Borowski
- Chris Pierce Vs. Dylan Folk
- Chris Horodyski Vs. Ryan Williams
**** UPDATE***** Word on the Street is this show has not made it off the ground and is scheduled to be canceled
Future boxing star and local fighter Teddy Mrkonja jr. of Pittsburgh Boxing gets his work in with Jaryd Boyer of World Class Boxing in Ambridge, PA. Teddy is 12 years old and already has over 20 fights. His father, Teddy Mrkonja Sr. is the head ninja in charge of the Pittsburgh Boxing Club and trains the likes of Mark Cherico, Luke Burdette and yours truly.
The Daywalker (6-3) wasted no time finding another opponent after his lost last week in the NAAFS Finals to Bantamweight king Isaiah Chapman and has already inked a deal to fight amateur world traveler Nate Mango (12-8) in Akron for the Caged Thunder Main event on January 7th.
Tyler and Nate have already shared some words publicly on Facebook (notice a trend?) and now it's time to settle their differences. Mango is currently on a two fight skid, recently losing to Julio Arce (11-0) by rear naked choke back in October. This will be Tyler's first fight outside of the NAAFS cage. The bout is slated for the catch weight of 140 and should be a war between two guys who genuinely don't like each other and are looking to get back on track after recent losses.
Anyone who has seen Morgan in the gym knows what this guy is going to do in the years to come and these fights are the first steps in the right direction. Morgan was sidelined for a little while with an injury but is looking to make a strong run in 2012. I threw this video together with a back track from my longtime homeboy Dave AKA The Deity.
Follow Dave @TheDeity79
The NAAFS pulled down the big tent in Canton last week and moved it to Chapparell's in Arkon, Oh for the Combat Challenge 17 this weekend. Featured on the card is Pittsburgh mechanic Luke Burdette taking on Bhrandon Poindexter and the return of John Lepovitch as he locks horns with Zac Gobel. The card also features a few fighters from Unionton PA in scrapper Adam Bosley, undefeated Jacen Huss and newcomer Nick Brown.
- 155 lbs – Reggie Merriweather 8-4 (Team Genocide) vs Travis Soto 7-3 (Independent)
- 265 lbs – Windom Craig 4-2 (Strong Style Fight Team) vs Ashford McQueen 2-2 (Team Genocide)
- 155 lbs – Adam Bosley 3-2 (Uniontown Fight Club) vs Estabon Cordova 2-0 (Jamestown MMA)
- 145 lbs – Luke Burdette 2-4 (Gracie Pittsburgh) vs Bhrandon Poindexter 6-7 (Evolve MMA)
- 265 lbs – Adib Nour 1-0 (Dojo Fight Club) vs Jesse Milliman 2-0 (Jamestown MMA)
- 145 lbs – Eric Gifford 3-1 (Brickhouse MMA) vs Wes Hanson 4-0 (Butch Hiles MMA)
- 155 lbs – PJ Palmer 2-0 (Uniontown Fight Club) vs TBA
- 135 lbs – Aaron Aravanitis 2-1 (USA Martial Arts) vs TBA
- 190 lbs – Jacen Huss 2-0 (Uniontown Fight Club) vs Darryl Chajon 0-0 (Independent)
- 185 lbs – Nick Corp 0-0 (Evolve MMA) vs Ben Meese 0-0 (Caldwells Fight Club)
- 185 lbs – Travis Rivers 0-0 (Empire Academy) vs JT Miller 0-0 (Strong Style Fight Team)
- 135 lbs – Jason Gomez 0-0 (Independent) vs Seth Schaffer 0-0 (Instigator)
- 155 lbs – Devontae Smith 0-0 (Brickhouse MMA) vs Jon Looft 0-0 (Evolve MMA)
- 265 lbs – Josh Fox 0-0 (Dojo Fight Club) vs Tim Miller 1-0 (Bullpen)
- 155 lbs – Derrick Hill 0-0 (Dojo Fight Club) vs Nick Brown 0-0 (Uniontown Fight Club)
- 170 lbs – Phil Mcchesney 0-1 (Jamestown MMA) vs Alex Hilton 0-0 (Bullpen)
- 265 lbs – Zack Byrd 0-1 (Damage Inc) vs Dave Brytus 0-3 (Independent)
*All bouts subject to change