EFP Caged Madness 26: Quick Results
Explosive Fight Promotions put on their 26 offering of the Caged Madness series last night and based on scanning the overall results, I would venture to say it turned out to be a successful card.
I have heard that the break out performance was Jeremy Linville (2-1) and his one round destruction over Tim Dunn (1-0). The fight was stopped after a series of pinpoint elbow strikes from Linville opened up a major cut that forced the doctor to stop the contest. Linville is a prospect to keep your eye on and will be facing off against Curt Lemmon (1-0) in December.
“BP” Bhrandon Poindexter (8-9) picked up his second win this year with a first round submission over Jessie Iquinta. As a long time BP fan I am happy to see him get back in the right column.
Check out the results courtesy of Scott Corbin below:
- Chris Woods vs. JD Ramsey - HW- Winner by TKO JD Ramsey 1:25 1st Rd.
- Bryan Jefferies vs. Mike Garcher - 185 - Winner by TKO Mike Garcher 2:58 1st Rd.
- Bryan Howe vs. Shawn Carter - 205 - Winner by Guillotine choke Shawn Carter :53 2nd rd
- Chris Settles vs. Lionel Woods - HW - Winner by Unanimous Dec. Lionel Woods
- Bhrandon Poindexter vs. Jessie Iquinta - 145 - Winner by Head Arm Choke Bhrandon Piondexter 2:04 1st Rd.
- Dan Doverspike vs. Bill Gingery - 155 - Winner and EFP's new 155 amateur champion Bill Gingery by Armbar 1:47 1st Rd.
- Cameron Ross vs. Rhett Northcraft - 170 - Winner by Armbar Cameron Ross 2:50 1st Rd.
- Jeremy Linville vs. Tim Dunn - HW - Winner by Doctor Stoppage Jeremy Linville 1:52 1st Rd.
***Jeremy will move on to the HW finals for the EFP HW tournament ***
- Devon Wilson vs. Curt Lemmon - HW - Winner by TKO Curt Lemmon 2:05 3rd Rd.
***Curt Lemmon will move on to the HW finals for the EFP HW tournament ***
Justin Wilcox Vs. Joe Taimanglo: Full Fight
Fight Club Pittsburgh coach and AKA trained Justin "The Silverback" Wilcox (13-5) took on slugger Joe Taimanglo (19-5) last night in the Bellator featherweight semi finals. Wilcox pulled off a dominant 3 round performance that garnered him an uncontested unanimous decision. The full fight is posted above.
With the win, Justin moves one fight closer to a 100k payday and will now take on Patricio “Pitbull” Freire (20-2) in the finals this coming November.
Check back for more as it is released.
EFP Caged Madness 26: Full Card
Explosive Fight Promotions is back in action this weekend with their Caged Madness Series. This time around they have put together a 4 man professional heavyweight tournament featuring Curt Lemmon (7-0am) taking on Devon Wilson (11-10) and Tim Dunn (1-0) squaring off against Jeremy Linville (1-1). I've seen Linville fight on a couple other shows and the kid is pretty talented but his opponent Tim "Fatboy" Dunn has a pretty impressive amateur career as well. It should be interesting to see who moves on to the finals.
Other notables on the card include one of my favorites Bhrandon Poindexter lining up with Jessie Iquinta and Dan Doverspike throwing down with Bill Gingery for the lightweight title.
All in all it's a great line up with some pretty dynamic bouts. You can purchase your tickets through this link here or buy a ticket at the door.
Check out the card below:
Professional Main Event
- Curt Lemmon 7-0 vs Devon Wilson 11-10
Professional Co-Main Event
- Tim Dunn 12-2 vs Jeremy Linville 8-7-1
- Rhett Northcraft 10-8 vs Cameron Ross 6-4
- Dan Doverspike 4-1 vs Bill Gingery 9-8 - 155 Title Fight -
- Bhrandon Poindexter 7-9 vs Jessie Iquinta 7-10
- Lionel Woods 3-0 vs Chris Settles 2-0
- Bryan Jeffries 4-4 vs Mike Garcher 5-4
- Shawn Carter 5-2 vs Bryan Howe 4-5
- J.D. Ramsey 1-0 vs Chris Woods 0-0
- Chancler Davidson 1-2 vs Josh Faison 0-4
- Joshua Strosnider 1-4 vs Ronnie Tisdal 0-0
- Tim Emery 0-1 vs Shane Koehler 0-2
Cody "No Love" Garbrandt's Week At Team Alpha Male
Cody "No Love" Garbrandt (1-0) is widely regarded as one of the talented athletes in our region right now and is currently scheduled to take on his toughest fight to date in Bomb Squad's Shane Manley (2-1) which we dropped yesterday. I was able to grab up some pics of Garbrandt training with UFC vet Danny Castillo and newcomers like Andre Fili.
Garbrandt is currently preparing for his bout with Shane Manley at PinnacleFC this coming November.
Check out some more pics after the jump:
Cody "No Love" Garbrandt (1-0) Vs. Shane Manley (2-1) Set For Nov. 27th
Cody "No Love" Garbrandt (1-0) returns to the PinnacleFC cage this November to take on his toughest fight to date in rising star Shane Manley. It was originally announced that Garbrandt would be taking on Jordan Espinosa but there was a discrepancy involving the weight class and now Team Bomb Squad’s Shane Manley is taking his place. “No Love" has been laid off due to some undisclosed injuries and has not competed since his stoppage win over Charles Kessinger last December but is currently training with Team Alpha Male along with PFC for this bout.
Manley represents Team Bomb squad which has produced some of New York’s top tier talent including Jon Jones, Christian Morecraft, Kenny Foster just to name a few. This bout will be held at the 145 pound limit.
Our November 27th card is shaping up to being the biggest event in Pittsburgh since our inaugural card last December and features huge match ups like Joey Holt taking on TUF Vet Julian Lane and a grudge match between Kyle Dunmeyer and Brazen's Joe Synol and amateur stars like Davey Crockett, Matt Conahan, and more.
Check out the full card after the jump:
Brian Stann Visits Stout Training Center
"The All American" Brian Stann (12-6) recently visited the Renzo Gracie Pittsburgh/Stout Training Center in the Strip District for FOX Sports 1. They were in town shooting something, I haven't really put it together what exactly that was, and this video is the by-product of that shoot.
This clip gives you a good look at the facility and layout of Warren's new place. You'll also notice some familiar faces like Mike Wilkins (3-1) and Dino Juklo (3-0) to name a few. It's nice to see some bigger name fighters coming into the area and checking out local gyms.